Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The city is 3rd largest in France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. Some of its structures and museums have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The oldest parts of the church have now been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that is made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks of France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose backyard. Recently African Flatlands have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has located many opera performances and dance shows. The cup ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other aquatic life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is one of the best places in France to see and discover fête des lumières à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the greatest means to achieve Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest city and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and climate is nice to visit in the 30 days of Sept and October.